A bit of fun. Get a piece of paper and scribble down the answers. Try not to rush to Google, the RP site, wiki or flicking back on Gstats. You shouldn't have to. If you don't know, have a guess. I'm hopeful most are gettable as you have very likely watched the races concerned. Sit down with a glass and take as long as you like. Return to site (top left) for the answers on the 'Review of 2022' page.
There are 40pts in total. If you get below 16, thanx very much for trying. 16 to 24, very fair (if faint praise), 25 plus, well I have to make it public that Rory Delargy only scored 25. 'Quizmaster at fault, too many questions from 2022.' Well, how's your recent memory? Can you take him?
1. 2022 may have been Davy Russell's final Festival. Davy did not go out on a winner but he did ride three seconds. None were in handicaps. They were? 1 pt for each
2. Coolnagorna trained by Jonjo O'Neill and ridden by Tony Dobbin finished second to Hardy Eustace in the 2003 Ballymore Hurdle. But what happened then that hasn't happened since at the Festival? 2 pts
3. In the 2022 Festival, five horses started at odds on. Three won. Galopin Des Champs fell. Who was the other unsuccessful one? 1 pt.
4. Robbie Power's last Festival was 2022. He hadn't ridden a winner there since 2017. But he had a fine last ride on Gold Cup day. It was? 2pts
5. Willie Mullins has won all the Festival Grade 1s. Some many times. But which one is he due to win? I mean which of the Grade 1s has he not won since 2016? 2pts.
6. Horse and trainer pictured above are a Festival winning partnership. In 2012 the horse was the last to carry 12st to win a Festival handicap. During that season his BHA rating went from 69 to 154. 1pt for each.
7. Which horse finished as the Festival leading sire last year? Counted as cash won. Sulamani, No Risk At All or Kapgarde? 2pts
8. Put the correct names beside these numbers. 59, 43, 32. 1pt for each.
9. Which handicap at the Cheltenham Festival is currently the worst performing Festival race for SP Favourites? The last time it obliged was in 2011. 2pts
10. Last year two jockeys rode their first ever winner after each having had over 40 rides at the Festival. They were? 1pt for each
11. Venetia Williams exploded off the Festival 'cold' list last year with L'Homme Presse and Chambard both winning. But during the week she also had three others placed at 33s, 40s and 66s respectively. They were? 1pt for each
12. Scroll to the top of the page. You should find a picture of a finish to a handicap from the 2017 Festival. Names of horses and jockeys please. The winning jockey retired with 22 Festival winners. His partner shared a name with a recent Festival legend. The isBoth jockeys are Festival Grade 1 win. 1pt for each. 4pts in total.
13. Crossword clue. This scrambling rash ridger may go up in trip. (3,7) 2pts
14. Last year who finished second to Paul Townend in the Top Jockey competition? 2 pts.
15. Good Land gives owner Barry Connell a great chance in this year's Albert Bartlett. Mr Connell has already tasted success with three Festival winners. They were? 1pt each
16. In the 2022 Festival, how many horses won having had a letter as their most recent form figure i.e an F, P, U or R. None, one or two? 1pt